- June 19, 2021
- Posted by: Keptinview
- Categories: KIV Seniors, USA
keptinview.com (KIV) presents a list of services in this area for seniors and their families. when you click on each service it will take you to the provider’s website. If you come across any services in your region that aren’t included here, please let us know by filling out the contact form. We’ll add it to our listings to make life easier for others to learn about it. According to Leacey E. Brown study:
• By 2030, 1 out of every 5.1 people in South Dakota is projected to be age 65 or older.
• The rate of growth among the number of people age 65 or older is projected to slow in the 2030s.
• Most older people (58.1%) are married and 26.1% are widowed.
• Most older people are living with a spouse or partner (61%).
• With 31% of older people living alone, South Dakota was ranked 6th nationally in 2015.
• South Dakota was ranked in the top 10 in the nation for the number of residents age 85 or older in
• Most adults over the age of 65 identify as white alone.
• Excluding reservation counties, rural counties generally have a higher proportion of the population
age 65 or older than their more urban counterparts.
• Among adults age 65 and older in South Dakota, the Median Household Income was $55,326.
• Of older people reporting income, approximately half report an income of less than $25,000.
• Most (75.4%) of older South Dakotans are homeowners.
• Renters are more likely to pay 30% or more of household income toward gross rent than those
who own their homes.